If you are using QuickBooks accounting software, you may encounter some errors related to PDF conversion. These errors can prevent you from sending invoices, reports, or statements to your customers or vendors. In this blog post, we will explain what causes these errors and how to fix them.
PDF conversion errors occur when the QuickBooks PDF Converter, which is a virtual printer driver that allows you to create PDF files from your QuickBooks documents, is not working properly. There are three common error codes that you may see: -20, -30, or -41.
Error -20 means that the QuickBooks PDF Converter is not compatible with your version of Windows. This can happen if you have upgraded your operating system or installed a new one. Error -30 means that the QuickBooks PDF Converter cannot communicate with the printer spooler service, which manages the printing jobs in your computer. This can happen if the service is stopped or corrupted. Error -41 means that the QuickBooks PDF Converter has been deleted or damaged by a malware infection or a system cleanup tool.
To resolve these errors, you need to reinstall the QuickBooks PDF Converter and make sure that it is configured correctly. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Printers and Faxes window in your Control Panel.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and select Delete.
- Click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Close the Printers and Faxes window and restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks and go to Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Click on Save and then Update Now.
- Click on Reset Updates and then Get Updates.
- Wait for the update to complete and then close QuickBooks.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to create a PDF file again.
If you still get the same error, you need to repair the printer spooler service. Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on Start > Run and type services.msc in the box.
- Press Enter and look for Print Spooler in the list of services.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Close the Services window and open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all the files in this folder.
- Go back to the Services window and right-click on Print Spooler again.
- Select Start and close the window.
- Try to create a PDF file again in QuickBooks.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact QuickBooks support for further assistance. You can also try using a third-party PDF converter tool as an alternative.
We hope this blog post has helped you troubleshoot your QuickBooks PDF Converter errors. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below.