QuickBooks Error 1904 is one such error that might take place while installing the QuickBooks Desktop application on your system. Also, it might occur due to the presence of damaged file/components or due to incorrect file location. Sometimes the error might be caused when the system becomes unstable, and thus some important files start missing. You will continuously face this issue until your system gets proper maintenance. Whenever the error occurs, it comes up with an error message stating:
“Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register”
However, several other reasons might lead to the error. To help you out, we have covered all such possible causes in the further section of this blog.
Dealing with QuickBooks Enterprise Error 1904 and need instant help to fix it? If yes, then don’t worry and get in touch with our experts by dialing the toll-free number +1(800)-578-0315 to get the best possible assistance.
What Gives Rise to QuickBooks Error 1904?
At times, users might come across QuickBooks Error 1904 due to damage in the Windows components such as MSXML, Microsoft C++ and Microsoft.NETFramework. However, there are numerous other reasons as well that might trigger the error. We have discussed all such causes below:
- It might occur due to damage in the QuickBooks installer file.
- Also, it might take place while installing Adobe Flash Player.
- Sometimes, you might encounter the error when you don’t have the required permissions for installation on Windows.
How to Fix Error 1904 Using Simple Solutions?
Solution 1: Fix QuickBooks Installation issues using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Tool Hub is the combination of different tools that are used to fix the installation issues related to QuickBooks. Once you download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Error 1904 by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool via Tool Hub.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of QB Tool Hub on your system. If not, first download the Tool Hub’s latest release and then install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, locate and click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Choose the Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to scan and repair the installation issues in QB application.
- Once the process is over, restart your computer and then open QuickBooks to check if the issue still persists.
Solution 2: Change User’s Permissions From Windows Account Settings
At times, you might come across the error if you don’t have enough Windows admin rights to make changes to your device. Therefore, to fix the issue, you can move to the Windows Administrative account to change the settings of the Windows User Account.
Switch to Windows Administrative Account:-
- Click on the Windows icon and then type “cmd” in the search box.
- Once you get the cmd file, right-click on it and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Within the black screen of the command prompt window, type “net user administrator /active: yes” and hit the Enter key.
- Then, log out from your system and then choose the Administrator account. Further sign in to the admin account.
Change the User Account Control Settings:-
- Open the File Explorer and then navigate to the common files by following C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Once you reach the Common Files folder, right-click on it and click Properties.
- Click Edit from the Security Tab and then choose the Users option from the “Group or user names” section.
- Now, from the Permission For Users section, you need to enable the following permissions such as: Modify, Read, Execute, List folder contents, read, write.
- Thereafter, select Apply followed by Ok option. Further, reinstall QuickBooks and then sign out from the QB application.
Solution 3: Repair the Damages in Windows Components
Generally, the QuickBooks Error 1904 might be caused due to damage in the Windows components such as Microsoft .NET Framework and MSXML files.
To repair the damages in the MSXML files
- Register the MSXML DLL files:- The steps of registering MSXML DLL files in the Windows operating system may vary as per the version of the operating system. For 62 bit operating system, follow the steps to register the MSXML DLL files:
- Click on the Start menu, type “cmd”, and then right-click on the CMD file to select the Run as administrator option.
- Within the C: prompt, you are required to type “cd\windows\syswow64” and then Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll. Further, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Later on, install QuickBooks by following the on-screen instructions carefully.
Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NETFramework
Follow the steps listed below for the users of Windows operating systems 10, 8.1, and 8.
- Go to the Windows icon and then select the Control Panel to open it.
- Click on the Programs and Features and then choose the Uninstall a Program.
- After that, select Turn Windows Features On or Off and then search for the.NETFramework from the list of options.
- Later on, you are supposed to test the settings for both .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Special Cases when you might encounter QuickBooks Desktop Error 1904
These are different cases where you might come across the QuickBooks error 1904 icwrapper.dll. However, we have listed some of the cases in which you might encounter the error.
Case1: Facing QuickBooks Error 1904 while using Bitdefender
If you are using the error while using the Bitdefender application, then you must add the QuickBooks application to your Bitdefender exclusion list. This is so because disabling the Bitdefender won’t work out to fix the error.
- If you are operating the 32-bit Windows Operating System, you need to add “C:\Program Files\Common Files.”
- Whereas, if you are using a 64-bit Windows OS, add “C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit.”
Case 2: If QuickBooks installation error 1904 failed to register occur while installing Adobe Flash Player
- You first have to download and then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tools by following the steps listed above.
- Click on the Windows icon and type “Control Panel”.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, you should uninstall the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from the list of applications installed.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- Later on, you are supposed to download and reinstall the Adobe Flash Player once again on your system.
Case 3: If the QuickBooks Error 1904 refers to QBVersionTool.dll
Before moving further, you first have to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and change the Windows User Account Control Setting by following the solution 1 and 2 of this article. If still, you are unable to fix the error, then follow the steps listed below:
Test Your Permissions:-
You are supposed to test your permissions to check whether the issue is caused due to some other issue.
- Select the Windows Start menu and then open the Notepad on your system.
- Once the Notepad opens up, type “QBTest” within the note and then click the File menu followed by Save As option.
- Later on, you need to save it to either “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files”.
- Thereafter, if you notice that you cannot save the note to the folder, you have to sign in and install QuickBooks as an admin user.
Need Any Professional Assistance to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904!!
Hopefully, we assure you that the troubleshooting solutions listed above will help you fix the QuickBooks Error 1904. If you are still facing any difficulty while fixing the error, then consult our data repair service experts by dialing the toll-free number +1(800)-578-0315