QuickBooks is one of the most prominent and highly used accounting applications. It uplifts your business organization towards flexibility. Unfortunately, though it holds advanced features, users still encounter several errors that affect the organization’s productivity. One mistake is the QuickBooks Error H202 users experience when workstations fail to communicate with the company file and don’t allow users to access it.
So, in this article, we will talk about the best and quick ways to fix error code H202.
Let’s discuss what is Error H202 in QuickBooks
The error code comes up with an error message on the screen that says:
“You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode. (H202) which means the error is connected with its multi-user operational mode.
If you are a regular user or a newcomer on QuickBooks, then read the entire blog. It will help you to resolve all your doubts with in-depth details.
Common Reason which leads to QuickBooks Error H202
- Inappropriate hosting settings.
- DNS settings are not configured correctly.
- Missing IP address of the Host.
- In case QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX services are not running.
- Wrong or damaged .ND Files.
- Problem with QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
The impact which Error H202 leaves which turning to Multi-user mode.
- At first, you won’t be able to switch to multi-user mode.
- If the company file is located on another server, users won’t be able to identify it.
- The error will continuously pop up on the screen, which will hamper your productivity.
- The application will begin to run slowly.
- Windows may respond slowly.
QuickBooks Error H202- Quick Solutions
Once you go through the solutions given below, you can efficiently resolve the issue in a couple of seconds.
STEP 1 (This step will help you to Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager)
- To open Run Command, press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Type MSc in the Run box and then select the Services icon.
- Check the list of services and select QuickBooksDBxx.
- Double-click the QuickBooksDBxx services and then click the Stop button to disable the service.
- Select the services to start option as Automatic from the drop-down menu and then click on Start.
- At last, open the QuickBooks application and then try to open the file again.
STEP- 2 (This step will help you to Rename .TLG and .ND files)
- Close QuickBooks on all computers.
- Now, open the company file folder on the server system. After that, find and select.TLG file associated with your QuickBooks file showing QuickBooks Error Code H202 while opening it.
- Right-click on the .TLG file and select Rename option.
- Rename the file prefix OLD before the file name and then click Enter.
- Go through the same steps for the .ND file as well as close the QuickBooks Company File Folder.
- .ND file and .TLG file is created automatically when you again open the company file.
- At last, open the company file again while holding the alternative key till the files open.
We hope that you are able to resolve QuickBooks Error H202 by following the above-mentioned quick solutions. You can also contact Data Repair Service Experts at +1(800)-578-0315 for instant solution.