QuickBooks is an accounting tool. Most people are already using QuickBooks software, so you all are must be aware of the advanced services and benefits. However, though it has advanced services and high techniques, it still has serval errors, and QuickBooks enterprise error 6177 is one of them. Because of QuickBooks Error 6177, you will not be able to access your business records.
Let’s see what you need to do when you see QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6177:
Let’s discuss what is QuickBooks Error 6177 is:
QuickBooks error 6177.0 comes up into the system when you try to access your company files locally. In simple words, we can say the error appears on the screen when the user attempts to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Error 6177 will come up on your screen with a message which says:
Error 6177 0 QuickBooks is attempting to open this company file
QuickBooks error 6177 0 cannot use the path.
Error code-6177,0: “QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company File.”
Error 6177,0 In QuickBooks
QuickBooks 2009 Error 6177
QuickBooks error 6177 0 cannot use the path
The reason behind Error 6177,0 Can Not Use The Path:
This QuickBooks company file error 6177 comes up when you try to access corporate files. There is a lot of reasons behind this QuickBooks Desktop Error. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Trying to access the company file.
- A lot of spam file exitance.
- The file path is corrupted.
- Due to viruses and harmful files.
- Due to deleting QuickBooks software support files.
Let’s Have a Quick Look How to fix QB Error 6177 0:
Now we will directly come to the resolution. We will provide you serval resolutions to Intuit Error code 6117,0:
Solution 1: Get the Latest Version Of QuickBooks Software:
This is a straightforward way to resolve this issue. First, make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. If Your Software is not updated, then update it immediately.
Steps of updating QuickBooks software:
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Secondly, you need to press the “F2” key (or ctrl+1) to open the product information window.
- Now look for your current version and release.
If you see the latest release available for your QuickBooks version.
Here are the steps to set up automatic update:
- Open up the “Help” menu and select “Update QuickBooks Desktop“.
- Secondly, click on the “Update Now” tab. We will suggest you reset the update checkbox to clear all previous updates.
- Click on “Get Updates” to start the update.
- Once the download is finished. Restart your QuickBooks.
- Now you will see some options over your screen to install the latest version. Go with all the positive responses and start establishing a new release.
After updating your QuickBooks Software, if you still face QuickBooks Error 6177, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
Solution 2: QuickBooks File Location Updating:
In this step, we are going to guide you on how to update your file location. Steps are mentioned below:
- Open up the “Start Menu” on your computer.
- There will be a “search bar,” type in there “File Explorer. Open up the “File Explorer”
- Once file explorer is open, then search for the QuickBooks folder. You can press F2 to get the location in QuickBooks.
- Find the file which ends with QBW.
- Make a note of the company file and location.
- Move the company file to C drive. Make sure you move the file, not the whole folder.
- Create a new company file and restore it to your server:
- Open the QuickBooks software on the same computer.
- Click on “Open or restore an existing company.”
- Open the file which you have moved to C drive.
Create a portable company file.
- Now you need to Reopen the QuickBooks
- Click on “File Menu” then select “Open And Restore Company.”
- Click on “Restore a Portable File” and click on “Next.”
- Now find the file you have created (QBW). Then “open” and “Next.”
- You Wrote a company file name earlier. Now select that file.
- Click on “Save.” After this, your company will be located back on your network.
- Now click on “Menu” and open up QuickBooks again.
Note: We will suggest you perform these troubleshooting steps on your personal computer. Suppose you do not have access to that. You can do this on your workstation, but create a backup for your important file before that.
If you are still having QuickBooks Error 6177, then let’s have a look at step 3:
Solution 3: Download a Clean-up tool for your QuickBooks:
Download and use file Doctor. And then have a scan and clean up your company files.
As we have mentioned above, make sure you have a backup to all of your essential files.
Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close up the QuickBooks and download the most reason version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now open the downloaded file. (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to install the application.
- Then, proceed by accepting all the terms and conditions.
- After the installation, open up the application.
How to run QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- Open the Tool Hub, then click on “Company Files Issue.”
- Click on QuickBooks File Doctor and go to the company file from the drop-down list.
- If you cannot find the file, click on the browser to see the file.
- Then, click on the Check your file option and click on Continue.
- At last, provide the QuickBooks admin login information (password and login ID) and click Next.
I hope this will resolve your issue. If you still have the error 6177 0, then have a look at step 4.
Solution 4: Manual Path of Fixing Files:
- Look for ND files:
- Go to the “File Explorer” on your computer.
- Find your company file, which ends with ND. (example- MyCompanyFileName].qbw.nd.)
- Then delete the ND file. (it will not affect any data)
- install QuickBooks database server and click on open.
- Click on the start menu on your computer.
- Type Database in the search bar. And open up QuickBooks database server manager.
- Click on the QuickBooks folder, which has your company files.
- Then Click on “Start Scan.”
- Once the scan is finished, click on “Close.”
QuickBooks Error 6177,0 appears when you try to access QuickBooks in multi-User mode. In this article, we have mentioned possible ways to get rid of this error.