QuickBooks Error 103 is one of the most common banking errors that QuickBooks users experience. It occurs when the user sign-in with the wrong user Id and password for the bank account while trying to connect. In this blog post, we’ll explain what the QuickBooks online error 103 message is. And we’ll elaborate on some tips on how to fix it.
What Is QuickBooks Error 103?
QuickBooks error 103 is when a user tries to connect their bank account to QuickBooks Online. But the sign-in seems to fail. Instead, the screen displays-
“QuickBooks Error 103”
It appears when the sign-in credentials or request to connect with QuickBooks Online is disregarded by the Bank server. This message will keep reappearing on the screen unless you update the login credentials in QuickBooks online. Then logging in with the correct user ID and password will help you get rid of the error.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Online Error 103 Occurs
Error 103 usually occurs when your sign-in credentials don’t match with what your bank has. But, there could be other factors causing the error if you’re trying to resolve QuickBooks online error 103. Then you need to understand what could be the reasons this error is occurring in the first place.
The following are the main reasons why you face this error pop-up on your screen-
- If you are logging in with the wrong user Id/password while trying to connect with QuickBooks Online.
- You are filling in the right credentials. But the bank that you’re choosing to connect to (from result options) is wrong.
- You have updated the login information required on the bank website. But not in the QuickBooks online.
- In your bank account, you have not set the third-party access.
- The web browser is filling in the old saved login credentials.
These are the primary reasons why you may experience this error. To get rid of it, read the next section below.
Best Ways To Resolve QuickBooks Error 103
There are several ways to rectify the QuickBooks error 103. The best ones are the following-
Solution 1: Verify The Credentials
Make sure that the user ID and password you are using to connect with QuickBooks online are correct. Follow the below steps for detailed guidance-
- Open a new window in your browser (click on + sign).
- Open the website of your bank that you want to connect with QuickBooks.
- Log in to the account using the user ID and password.
- If the sign is successful, that means your credentials are correct. And the reason for error 103 QuickBooks is something else.
- If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then you need to reset the new bank credentials.
Solution 2: Update Your Bank Sign-in Info in QuickBooks
If your credentials are correct, then the next step is updating them in QuickBooks.
For a new connection-
- Open QuickBooks and choose the ‘Banking’ option from the left menu.
- On the landing page, you’ll find the option Connect Account; click on that.
- If online banking is already connected, then you need to click on the Link Account option.
- Now in the search field, fill the web address of your bank or enter the bank’s name.
- Select your bank among all the options.
For an old connection-
- Go to option Banking.
- Choose the bank account for the update.
- Select Edit and then Edit sign-in info.
- Fill in the new credentials for your bank account.
- Choose Update.
Note: If your QuickBooks Online fills the user ID and password. Then you need to remove it by using the Edit option. It will avoid any future possibilities of showing error 103.
Solution 3: Set Permissions For QuickBooks In Your Bank Account
Some banks ask the users to configure access permissions to let QuickBooks connect to the bank account. Your bank may also require you to set permission for a third party. Then do so and connect your bank account to QuickBooks.
Access the permission by following the below steps-
- Open your bank’s website or ibx.key.com.
- Log in to the bank account you want to fix in QuickBooks.
- Select User Profile and then select the Password and Security option.
- Allow the third-party access by clicking ‘yes’ to confirm.
Solution 4: Clear Cache in Web Browser
Sometimes temporary files like Cache and cookies also cause issues. Make sure to clear such files and help QuickBooks connect with the bank.
- Open browser setting- Open Window>click on three dots on the right-upper corner.
- Go to Settings> mark ‘clear browsing history.
- Choose Cache and cookies and mark clear browsing data.
These solutions will help you fix QuickBooks online error code 103. We hope you rectify the error by trying these easy step-by-step solutions. However, if the error still persists, you can get help from QuickBooks Helpline. You may also reach out to our team of experts for further assistance in resolving this error. And other QuickBooks errors like 6177, error PS038, error 40001, etc.
Ref link : QuickBooks Error 103
How should I rectify the QuickBooks Error 103?
There are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem. First, check to see if your bank’s website is down or experiencing any technical difficulties. If everything looks good on their end. Then try logging in to your QuickBooks account with your credentials again.
If you’re still seeing the error, to fix this, you’ll need to add your bank’s website to your list of trusted sites. Once you’ve done that, try logging in again.
If you’re still having trouble, it’s best to reach out to your bank or QuickBooks support for help. They’ll be able to help you troubleshoot the problem and get you back up and running in no time.
How much will it cost to fix the banking error 103 in QuickBooks online?
You don’t need to pay to fix this error in QuickBooks Online. You only need to pay for the services you’re using.
Where can I get immediate help to resolve Error 103 in QuickBooks?
You can get instant help from our experts. If you are struggling with error 103, you should also consider reaching out to the QuickBooks helpline number.
What brings forth Wells Fargo Error 103 in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks 103 error also occurs due to .msi file bugs.
Why am I getting Error 103 while Logging in to a Bank Account?
It’s possible that you’re entering the wrong credentials while trying to connect a bank account with QuickBooks. Ensure that you are using the correct user ID and password to sign in.
How do I fix a bank error in QuickBooks?
The solution depends on the type of error you are experiencing. But you can do some things to fix errors in QuickBooks.
- Update your Windows, QuickBooks
- Make sure you have a secure internet connection.
- Ensure you’re entering the correct bank information
What are the reasons causing the QuickBooks Error Code 103?
If you’re seeing QuickBooks Error 103, it means there’s a problem connecting to your bank’s server. This can happen for numerous reasons. Reasons include server outages, incorrect login credentials, or firewall issues.