QuickBooks error 12165 indicates that there is an issue with your internet connection. This error can occur when QuickBooks is unable to connect to the internet or when the connection is slow or interrupted. To fix this error, you will need to check your internet connection and make sure that it is working properly. You may also need to update your QuickBooks to the latest version. Read the article below to understand the solution of QuickBooks error code12165 in detail.
What Is Quickbooks Error 12165?
QuickBooks Error 12165 usually occurs when the user tries to update QuickBooks to the latest release. This error comes among QuickBooks 12000 error series. These can also occur if the user is trying to install a QuickBooks update that has already been installed. This error can be caused by a number of factors, such as a corrupt or damaged QuickBooks file, a problem with the QuickBooks installation, or a conflict with internet connection on your computer. If you encounter this error, there are a few things you can try to fix. You can try restarting your computer and then opening QuickBooks again. If that doesn’t work, you can try repairing your QuickBooks installation.
Signs of Quickbooks Error Code 12165
If you encounter QuickBooks error 12165, there are a few things you will experience. You’ll get the QuickBooks error code 12165 message on the screen while working on QB. And QuickBooks will be unable to connect to the internet. You won’t be able to operate with QuickBooks and its services.
However, you can fix the error by understanding the causes behind it.
What causes QB error 12165?
Quickbooks Error Code 12165 is a common error that can occur when using Quickbooks software. This error appears when the QuickBooks database server manager detects an error when trying to access a company file. This can be caused by a number of things, including:
- QuickBooks database server manager is not running.
- QuickBooks database server manager is not set up properly.
If you are seeing this error, it is recommended that you follow the steps mentioned below. You can also contact a QuickBooks support specialist or your data service company to help you resolve the issue.
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12165
Encountering QuickBooks Error 12165 while trying to update your QuickBooks software can be painful. There are a few methods that you can use to resolve this error. Let’s take a look at some of them:
Method 1: Restart your computer
First, you can try restarting your computer and then opening QuickBooks again. Sometimes common technical glitches can cause QuickBooks error code 12165. Trying this step can help you rectify it.
Method 2: Configure The Internet Settings
- Select Help > Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks.
- Choose “ Use the computer’s internet connection settings to when this application connects to the Internet”. Choose Next. If a second box for the Internet settings does not appear:
- Select Control Panel under Start> then Click Internet Option twice.
- To access advanced connection settings, click. Select Advanced.
- Scroll to the Settings’ bottom. Check that both the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 choices are chosen.
- Click Done once more.
- Retry the update.
Method 3: Contact the person who Set Up your internet connection
The internet proxy can’t be accessed by QuickBooks Desktop. Try updating again later to see if the problem has been resolved or not. If the problem is still not resolved, get in touch with the people who installed your internet connection to make sure your proxy is set up properly.
Other Similar QuickBooks 12000 Series Error
When getting or downloading a QuickBooks payroll update, other similar error codes like QB error 12165 may occur in QuickBooks Desktop. These are the similar errors that can cause a hindrance in QuickBooks update-
QuickBooks error code 12007
An IP address for a server cannot be observed by QuickBooks Desktop. To eliminate this error, proper functioning of internet connection is necessary. Therefore try refreshing later to see whether the problem has been resolved.
This is also one of the common errors that causes problems in updating QuickBooks payroll. To fix this, open a web browser and visit a website you don’t frequently visit to check the internet connection from outside of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Shut down QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, go to the Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools > then Internet settings.
- Select the Advanced tab next.
- Then, under Security, select the boxes next to Check for Server Certificate Revocation
- Now Check for Publisher’s Certificate Revocation to clear them.
- Now close Internet Explorer and then reopen it.
- Get QuickBooks Desktop open.
- Finally, you need to run through the payroll adjustments once more.
If you are unable to view the website, there is something wrong with your internet connection unrelated to QuickBooks. If you visit the website, take the following actions:-
- Select Help > Internet connection setting in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select option “Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.”, and then select the Next tab.
- Select Advanced Connection Settings on the following page. Afterward, select Advanced.
- Verify that the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are checked under Security as you scroll down.
- Next, select OK and Done.
- Check the settings for the personal firewall, antivirus software, and internet security now.
QuickBooks error 12166 to 12173
In this error update stays incomplete on QuickBooks desktop. To eliminate this, verify the functionality of your Internet connection before updating again to determine if the issue has been fixed.
The steps listed below can help you fix issues with the restoration of advanced settings:
- You must exit QuickBooks before opening Internet Explorer as a browser.
- Then you need to access the internet from the tools menu.
- To restore it, you must now select the advanced tab
- Now click the advanced setting option.
When QuickBooks’ Internet connectivity settings are incorrectly set up, a QB error 12152 message may appear.
- Select the Help > Internet connection configuration option while QuickBooks is open.
- When this application connects to the internet, select the option to utilise your computer’s internet connection settings to create a connection. When the second box for internet settings does not appear, proceed to click Next.
- Select Control Panel under Start.
- Tap the Internet option twice.
- Click on the Advanced Connection Settings button now. Next, select the Advanced tab.
- Once you’ve reached the bottom of the settings, scroll down and make sure SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are both selected.
- Next, select Ok before selecting Done.
- Finally, the user tries to update once more.
These are the main errors that are similar to QuickBooks error 12165. In case you’re facing a payroll update issue, you can try the above mentioned solutions as well.
Still Can’t Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error 12165?
This error usually appears because of the wrong configuration of the internet proxy. So it will automatically disappear when you connect your computer with an internet connection. If you’re still seeing the error, you can try to contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.