At times, users encounter QuickBooks error H101 when they try to access a company file that’s original location is on another system. The error means that the computer that has the company file needs additional configuration. Because of this error, users can not open a specific company file. Error H101 QuickBooks may also appear when a user tries to switch between single-user and multi-user mode in QuickBooks. If you see this error on your screen, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
What Causes QuickBooks Error H101?
QuickBooks error H101 can be caused by factors like single and multi user mode in QuickBooks, server problems, etc. Other possible causes are-
- The firewall settings are blocking you to access the specific company file.
- Incorrect settings of DNS.
- The company file is corrupt or damaged.
- Improper .ND files setup that restricts QuickBooks to open company files from particular networks.
- QuickBooks can not access the IP address of your device.
- The installation process was not done properly.
- QuickBooks service is not started as QBCFMonitor.
- Issues with Server Manager Database.
Steps For Resolving QuickBooks Error H101
Before resolving QuickBooks error H101, you need to keep certain things in mind. First of all, ensure that you have installed QuickBooks on the server system, and you download QuickBooks from the official website of Intuit.
Method 1: Utilize QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The Server Manager encourages the use of corporate files across several platforms. Here’s how to use it on your device to fix H101 QuickBooks error:
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub can be downloaded from the Intuit website.
- Double-click the downloaded file to finish the installation after saving it to your desktop.
- The next step is double-clicking the icon on your desktop to launch the Tool Hub.
- Tap the Network Issues tab after that, then choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the menu.
- Click the Start Scan button if your company file is visible.
- If the file does not appear, browse for it before selecting Start Scan.
- Let the Server Manager identify and resolve the problems in QB.
- Press Close.
- Access QuickBooks by clicking on the File menu.
- Select Switch to Multi-User Mode.
Method 2: Check The Hosting
QuickBooks error H101 may occur if the multi-user access is off. Therefore, turn-on the multi-user hosting-
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Go to the File menu.
- Now select the Utility option.
- Now choose the option Hosting Multi-user access.
- If the hosting multi-user is already active, then make sure you don’t click on Stop Multi-user access.
- Follow the same steps on all your systems to keep them synced.
Method 3: Verify QuickBooks Services
Verify QuickBooks services to find out affected system and resolve the error-
- To open the run box, you must first hit the Windows Key + R.
- After that, type services.MSc then hit Enter.
- Scroll down and look for the QuickBooksDBXX service in the services box.
- Make sure the startup type is set to automatic and the service status is running after that.
- Click the recovery tab now.
- After that, you must select Restart the Service from the drop-down menu for the first failure.
- If it fails, you must take the same steps for a Second failure and all Subsequent failures.
- By selecting ok, save the changes.
- Then you must carry out these steps for the QBCFMonitorService.
- Finally, you must launch QuickBooks on each impacted workstation in multi-user mode.
Method 4: Change Firewall Settings
If the QuickBooks error H101 is caused by restricted firewall settings, then changing them will be helpful.
- To launch the Run command, concurrently press the Windows and R keys.
- Enter “Control” into the search box, then hit OK.
- Go to System and Security and choose Windows Defender Firewall from the menu.
- Click Allow via Windows Defender Firewall after that.
- From the list, select QuickBooks and then click OK.
Method 5: Change QuickBooks File location
The location of your company file may be causing issues. Move it to some other location. However, make sure everyone is logged out before you start moving a company file from one network.
- Open the Windows Start button.
- Open File Explorer by typing “File Explorer” into the search box.
- Find the folder containing your company file by searching for it in your QuickBooks folder. It appears as follows: [Your business name]. qbw.
- Copy after you right-click on your corporate file.
- Choose Paste after right-clicking anywhere on your Windows desktop.
- Rename the company file by selecting it with the right-click.
- Give the file name that is simple to remember.
- Open QuickBooks. Then choose Open or restore company from the File menu.
- Choose Open after selecting the business file you copied to your desktop.
- If the copied company file can be opened, the problem is with the file’s location.
- From your Windows desktop, transfer the copied company file to its original location. And use this file as the main one.
- Now navigate to the copied file and right-click on it to Rename it.
List Of Other H Series Errors
There are some H series errors that appear when you try to use multi-user mode to access a file. These errors are-
QuickBooks desktop error H101 H202 H303 or H505 occur when QuickBooks Desktop tries to connect to the company file but is unable to do so. It could be because of incorrect hosting setup settings, incoming and outgoing communication is being obstructed by the firewall on the server computer.
To resolve QuickBooks error H101, these solutions are more than enough. Also, we recommend you to login as administrator while trying these methods to open a company file. If you are still not able to rectify H101 error in QuickBooks, then call at our helpline number. Our expertise is always there to solve your problem.