Users encounter QuickBooks error H303 while trying to access the company file in the multi-user mode. Another situation when a user faces the H303 error QuickBooks is when the user tries to switch to multi-user mode from your workstation. There are several factors that trigger this error. If you are also facing this error, then read this post till the end.
What Is QuickBooks Error H303?
QuickBooks error H303 is one of the H-series errors that usually appears on your screen when QuickBooks company files need additional configuration. The extra configuration settings made when the two systems are first set up to communicate and share company data are typically the cause of the QuickBooks issue H303. This issue can cause you to become stranded and unable to access the company file. You may get the error on your screen as-
“The company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error H303
A file opening issue occurs when numerous users of the software attempt to access the company file to update the financial information. This is due to missing programme components. The following are some typical causes of QuickBooks error H303:
- When the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service is not operating, QuickBooks is unable to obtain the server hosting the company file or the system’s IP address.
- Your company records may not open correctly if you have a damaged network data (.ND) file.
- When an unstable Internet connection is present on your system.
- Inadequate server hosting configuration can result in QuickBooks being unable to communicate with the server because of firewall blockage.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error H303?
According to Intuit. one or more of your workstations are configured to function as QuickBooks’ server if you see Error H101, H303, or H507. The only machine configured to host multi-user mode should be your server (the computer that houses your company’s files).
On your workstations, the Host Multi-User Access option needs to be disabled. These are the network computers that don’t store any company files. The only computer hosting should be your server.
Solution 1: Verify QuickBooks Hosting Settings
One of the main causes of the error H303 QuickBooks desktop is incorrect hosting settings. To ensure that the settings have been set up correctly, follow these steps:
- Check the hosting settings for QuickBooks.
- Launch QuickBooks in the multiple user mode..
- On both systems, select File, and then click Utilities.
- Select Disable Multi-User Configuration for Hosting.
- On one of the PCs, go to Files, then Utilities, and then turn on hosting.
- Restart both computers and QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor
Data loss in the company file and network problems that may result in error H303 when opening the company file in multi-user mode can both be fixed by QuickBooks File Doctor. You must sign in as an administrator in order to access the QFD tool.
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor from Tool Hub.
- Fix the company file and network issues causing QuickBooks multi-user mode H303 QuickBooks error by utilising the QFD tool to fix the file, which must not be greater than 2GB.
Solution 3: Create new firewall authentication settings
As sometimes Firewall restricts certain programs to protect the system, you need to allow QuickBooks through Firewall for proper functioning.
- Click “control panel” in the open window and select “Firewall authentication” from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is for users to select “Allow software via the firewall.“
- Following that, select “Add Programs” and “Add QuickBooks 20xx” from the exception list.
- After the entire process is finished, restart QuickBooks to confirm the new adjustments.
Solution 4: Modify the QuickBooks folder location options
Modifying the QuickBooks location may also help you get rid of QuickBooks error H303.
- Make a brand-new folder first.
- The window access permission must then be set and accessed. As a result, sharing and accessing all business files is simple.
- The.qbw folder should then be marked, copied, and pasted into the new folder.
- You are now prepared to use the multi-user mode to run the company file.
Need More Help To Fix QuickBooks Error H303?
After attempting the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, if the error still persists, please contact our customer support staff. They are available around-the-clock to resolve all technical and functional difficulties. Without hesitation, submit all of your questions to us if you want to learn more about QuickBooks or have any other questions about it. Contact our specialists via the QuickBooks Helpline Service for additional support, and they will provide you with the necessary direction to resolve all of your problems.
You may even like: QuickBooks Error H101, Error Code 40003 QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Code 12002, QuickBooks Error 15103, QuickBooks Error 179, QuickBooks Error 213, QuickBooks Error H202