QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that combines a network diagnostic tool and a company file diagnostic tool designed specifically for QuickBooks users. File Doctor automatically detects and corrects errors. Many people are still unaware of this incredible tool; as a result, we’ve written this post in which we’ll go over it in detail. QuickBooks File Doctor is a program that can help you recover corrupted company files and troubleshoot network problems. Examine the File Doctor’s results to see what you can do to fix the problem.
What can you use QuickBooks file doctor for?
QB File Doctor is a premium tool that can be used for a variety of reasons. As the name suggests, it is a doctor for your QuickBooks file that can solve your multiple issues-
- Whenever you see error codes such as Error 6150, Error -6000 -82, Error -6000 -305, Error -6147, 6189, QuickBooks not responding, and so on.
- Error H101, H202, H303, and H505 are few such errors that could be rectified using the QuickBooks file doctor
- If, in addition to the damaged corporate files, the sample files and other company files open properly, the user may require this program.
- In QuickBooks, if the user has a blank or missing Customer list, the vendor list.
- Error 6150, QuickBooks Error 6000 82, QuickBooks Error 6000 305, QuickBooks Error 6000 301, QuickBooks Error 6147, and QuickBooks Error 6130 are among the QuickBooks 6000 series errors.
- A company file that has been damaged or corrupted.
- Having trouble opening a file
Things you should know about the file doctor tool
Before we go deeper into the QuickBooks file Doctor tool there are certain things one should know about it-
- You should uninstall any previous versions on your system if you are planning to install a new version
- All QuickBooks versions after 2015 come with an inbuilt file doctor tool, although experts recommend that you use the external file doctor tool.
- The QuickBooks file doctor is only available for Windows versions of QuickBooks desktops.
- In the event of some errors, the file doctor tool may appear automatically. All you have to do now is click the start tab and wait for the tool to finish its work.
- Windows 10,8,7 and MS Server 2003-2012 supports the built-in files.
- QBFD can repair Network and company file errors using it.
- US, UK and Canada support QuickBooks desktop versions.
- Corrupted and damaged company files can be improved using this application
- If .NET Framework 2.0 is not available on desktop, the QuickBooks file doctor needs to install it through a diagnostic tool.
Compatibility of QuickBooks file doctor tool
There are different operating systems on which systems work. QBFD sadly isn’t compatible with all of them-
- QuickBooks File doctor is included with all the versions after QuickBooks Desktop 2016, it is compatible with all versions of QuickBooks Desktop for windows.
- It has not yet been made compatible with Mac versions of QuickBooks.
What are the types of QuickBooks file Doctor tool?
There are two different ways in which you can have access to the QuickBooks file doctor tool-
- QBFD standalone version, which is used to host files from a server that only has the QuickBooks database server manager component installed.
- The built-in version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool comes in handy with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
How to download and install QuickBooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is already inbuilt in the latest versions of QuickBooks, but you can install it manually too through the following steps-
- Download QuickBooks tools hub from the official website, then press Ctrl+J simultaneously
- Click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe from the download list
- Then you need to accept the license agreement and press yes
- Then finally press on Install and wait for the whole process to finish
How to run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
It is very easy to fix QuickBooks damaged company file. These are the step by step guidelines that one needs to follow to do so-
- To use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, go to the tool hub and select the company file issues tab.
- Then choose the option to run QBFD. This step may take some time, and you may need to wait a while.
- Select the company file from the drop-down menu. If you are unable to see the file, click on Browse and search for it.
- You must select the check the file option and then press the continue button.
- At last, enter your QuickBooks Admin Password and press the next button.
- The scanning process for your file will start and it will depend upon the size of your file.
- You must open QuickBooks and the company file after the scan is completed to check whether the issue is resolved.
How to use the stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor
QBFD has a separate standalone version too which needs entire different steps to be followed-
- You must have the most recent version of the file doctor tool to use the QuickBooks stand-alone version.
- The QB file doctor tool is also available for download from Intuit’s official website. If the tool is already installed, simply click the run button.
- To complete the installation process, double-click the QuickBooks file doctor tool icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the tool does not appear on the screen after installation, you must open it using the Windows Task-bar.
Things QuickBooks file doctor tool fails to solve
The QuickBooks file doctor tool has some limitations too-
- The first shortcoming of the QBFD tool is that QuickBooks company files are less than 2GB in size.
- To upload the company file, you must have access to the internet.
- Admin credentials are required
- If you have multiple QuickBooks versions installed, the network connectivity diagnosis and repair option does not work properly.
- If a database server manager is installed on the system, the network connectivity diagnosis and repair option will not work properly.
- The file doctor tool window will then present you with two options. Then choose the one that best fits the problem. Furthermore, both options are self-explanatory, making it simple for you to choose the best option.
- If you’ve received a 6000 series error or your company file has been damaged, it’s best to go with the first option.
- Alternatively, in case of network issues, choose the second option
- Next, type in the Company file Admin password when prompted, and then click Next.
- After that you need to choose an option in order to continue diagnosing and correcting the problem
- Workstation Option- If you’re diagnosing and troubleshooting a client’s system, this is the option to choose. This means the QuickBooks company file isn’t stored or hosted on that system.
- Server Option- If you’re diagnosing and troubleshooting issues on the QuickBooks client system, choose the second option. It is understood that the QuickBooks company file is not stored or hosted on the client system.
- Once you’ve done that, select Yes if you’re working on the QuickBooks server/host, or No if you’re working on a QuickBooks workstation.
- The QuickBooks file doctor will start on repairing the company files. It is expected to have patience, as the process may take some time.
- Wait while the file doctor tool is completing the diagnosis and fixing the bug. The time consumed depends on a variety of factors such as size, network speed etc.
- Close the file doctor once everything is complete
What are QBFD’s possible outcomes?
QBFD doesn’t detect any problems
The first scenario is when the QuickBooks file doctor tool is unable to detect any bugs. In this case, you may need to re-login to the company file, and if the error persists, you may need to set up Auto data recovery and then enter the transactions that have occurred since the last backup.
QBFD diagnoses and resolves an issue
The second scenario is that the QB file doctor tool detects an issue, and you are then instructed to tap on “Open new company” when the process is complete. This is regarded as one of the most positive outcomes of the procedure.
QBFD detect issues but can’t be resolved
This is the option with the lowest possibility where QBFD detects an issue but fails to resolve it. As a result, it is recommended that the auto data recovery tool be set up, as well as manually enter the transactions, ever since the last backup or upload the file on its own.
Steps to be followed after repairing QuickBooks
After completing the diagnosis and repairing process, you need to back up the QuickBooks company file data and generate the backup data file in a separate removable hard drive. You are advised to backup the data right at the end of every month.
Why is the File doctor isn’t working?
During the diagnosis of the company file, you may be unable to use QBFD and receive an error message stating “File doctor is not working.” The QBFD error can be seen as a result of the following factors:
- You’re attempting to make changes to the company file.
- If you failed to install any company files during the installation process.
- In the event that you are unable to recover the files.
- In the event that the files are damaged or corrupted
What to do if File Doctor is not working?
If QBFD is unable to process, follow these solutions-
- The backup of the QBW file must be restored.
- Then, to fix the QuickBooks file doctor error, use the auto data recovery feature.
- You can also change the antivirus software’s settings and disable the hosting mode.
If used correctly, the QuickBooks file doctor tool can be a magnificent tool. After reading the detailed information shared in this post, we expect you to be able to make the best use of QBFD at the end of this article. However, there’s a chance that the software’s and tool’s technicalities will perplex users. As a result, expert assistance is only a phone call away at +1(800)-578-0315.