Quickbooks is one of the leading accounting software and due to its extensive usage, there are multiple technical glitches or errors. Because it is not immune to errors, you might encounter one of the common, Quickbooks Error 12152. In this article, not only will we have a closer look at it but also know the ways that will help in eradication of this problem. And that too via multiple ways.
What is Quickbooks Error 12152?
Quickbooks Error 12152 is a technical issue that arises due to internet connectivity. Mostly, this problem arises because Quickbooks is unable to connect to the servers of Intuit. There are times when this problem arises due to the misconfigured settings and this interferes in the Quickbooks updation of payroll.
List of 12000 series QB errors
Some of the common QB 12000 errors are:
- QuickBooks Error 12001
- QuickBooks Error 12006
- QuickBooks Error 12007
- QuickBooks Error 12008
- QuickBooks Error 12164
- QuickBooks Error 12052
- QuickBooks Error 12057
- QuickBooks Error 12152
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QuickBooks Error 12165
- QuickBooks Error 12166
- QuickBooks Error 12173
Symptoms of Quickbooks Payroll update error 12152
- When and if you are unable to update the software of Quickbooks.
- If you get to see Quickbooks Error 12152 on your screen.
- When your computer is slower than usual.
- If your computer is lagging unusually.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 12152
- It can be due to a mis-configured internet connection.
- If QB is unable to identify the license.
- When and if the device is infected by a virus or a malware.
- When your PC gets stuck even though the specs are too high.
- If there are API key problems in your Windows.
- Window Registry File can also be a problem in your device.
- If there is a software installation problem.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
It is important to first diagnose the real problem before choosing a solution. Once done with the diagnosing part, here are different methods to help you with this problem.
Solution 1: Reinstalling Quickbooks Software
If you are facing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 one of the easiest ways to get it fixed is by uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Here are the steps to follow:
- Uninstall the Quickbooks Software and then reinstall it from the official website of Intuit. This way you will also get the most updated version.
- After the installation is complete, simply launch it and click on the “scan” option.
- Wait for sometime, until it gets completed. The time taken to get this done will depend on your device’s specs.
- Once done, you will get the number of errors on the screen.
- Click on “repair all” and wait for the process to complete.
- Now close and launch the software to check whether you are still getting QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 or not.
Solution 2: Restoring your device
If the first solution didn’t work for you, we believe it wasn’t the problem with your software. Maybe it is the device that has the problem. So, now carry on these steps:
- Firstly, reboot your device.
- Then use “Windows Admin Credentials” to login to your system.
- Click on the “Start” menu which will be there on your screen’s bottom.
- Click on the “Search” button and type “System Restore.”
- Now, in the next step click on “Restore Computer to the previous time and date.”
- Once done, hit the “Next” button.
- There will be a few “Restore Points.” Now amongst them, click on the latest one and click on “Next Button.”
- The last step is to click the “Yes” button and then reboot your PC.
Solution 3: Time and Date verification
The next thing that you can do to fix your Payroll Update Error 12152 of Quickbooks is to verify the date and time of your device. This is how;
- Firstly, just verify that the date and time on your PC is correct or not. Do it right if it indicates wrong credentials.
- After you have done that, simply restart the Quickbooks software and check whether you are getting the same problem again or not.
Solution 4: Check your internet settings
Now comes to the most critical part in which you have to do all your internet settings right. In most cases people find Quickbooks Error 12152 because they have low internet connection. Here is how you can fix it!
- Go to the start menu and then type, “Control Panel” in the device’s search panel. And then hit the “Enter” key.
- When the control panel opens, just search for the “Internet Options” and click on it.
- Now, click on the “Advanced tab” and click on it.
- There will be a window that will pop up, simply click on the “advanced reset.”
- Doing this might fix your problem!
Solution 5: Using registry editor
The next way to fix Quickbooks Error 12152 is to use the registry editor solution by following this. Although, it is advised that this should be done by an expert. If you want to follow, here it is:
- Go to the start menu and head to the search and type “Command.”
- Now, a window will open on your screen, “Ctrl+shift” and then click “Enter.”
- There will be a “User Account” box that will appear on your screen and then hit the “Yes” button.
- There will be a blinking cursor and then click “Regedit.” And then hit the “Enter” key
- From the screen that pops up in front of you, click on the entry that is related to “Quickbooks Error 12152” and then choose the “Export” button that flashes on the file menu.
- Don’t forget to store the IE backup backup key in the folder.
- Now, save it and then it will be done. All you need to do is save the file as “.reg file.”
These methods are tried and tested and they will surely fix your problem for good. But if by any chance you are unable to rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 don’t worry. Just connect with our experts who will guide you in solving this problem.
And there are chances that you might not be able to diagnose the real problem. Even in that case, our experts are well-equipped to guide you through. Either drop a query or call the experts on the number that is given on our website.