Microsoft Outlook can be used as an email client in conjunction with the QuickBooks Desktop software to send emails from QuickBooks. QuickBooks outlook is a very crucial application for any office environment where you regularly need to send email and malfunction of this software can cause quite a problem. Most of the QuickBooks users are reporting that QuickBooks outlook is not responding. After reading this article, you will get educate and fix it by yourself.
QuickBooks Outlook fails to respond? Look at all possible solutions
QuickBooks outlook has a variety of aspects and thus there can be multiple reasons for it to stop responding-
- Email settings are incorrect in IE
- There has been an error while installing Outlook on windows
- Outlook application running in the background while you are trying to send email from QuickBooks
- On Windows OS, you can’t use the administrator account to run QuickBooks.
- MAPI32.dll outlook email configuration file is damaged
- QuickBooks application has incorrect email settings
What to do if Outlook is not responding in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Outlook has multiple different things on which it functions and thus has a variety of methods through which one can solve it-
Method 1: Set QuickBooks to run with Admin Rights
This is the most simple solution where changing the basic properties of the application can solve it-
- Right-click on the desktop icon and select Properties from the menu
- Put a checkmark in the Run this Program as Administrator checkbox under the Privilege Level section of the Compatibility tab.
- In case that option is already checked, click on apply and press OK
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved by restarting your computer.
Method 2: Check QuickBooks Email Preference
Email settings can be one big reason why QuickBooks Outlook 365 is not responding and thus ensuring QuickBooks email preferences can be one way to correct it.-
- Open QuickBooks and select Send Forms from the Preferences menu under the Edit tab.
- Select the Send email using the option from the My Preferences tab and click OK.
- Press on Edit Tab again and select Preferences
- Go to the My Preferences tab after selecting Send Forms.
- Select QuickBooks Email from the drop-down menu and select OK.
- Press on Edit and then Preferences
- Select Outlook and click on OK
- Close the QuickBooks and Outlook programs.
- Restart your computer and try sending emails with QuickBooks again.
Method 3: Ensure Internet Explorer’s Email Preferences
Internet Email preferences are also one reason why QuickBooks Outlook is not responding. You can correct in just a few steps-
- Close QuickBooks and any open company files.
- Open Internet Explorer on Windows
- Select Internet Options from the Gear icon at the top.
- Select the Set Default option from the Programs tab.
- Now, go to the Set Default Program link.
- Now, from the left pane, select Outlook (desktop) and click Set this Program as Default.
- Click on OK
- Close Internet Explorer and try sending mail again
Method 4: Make changes to MAPI32.dll file
MAPI32.dll is a file that might be damaged causing QuickBooks Outlook to not respond, follow these steps to correct it-
- Close down all running applications on Windows
- Switch to Windows File Manager and navigate C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- Find and double click on Fixmapi.exe file
- In case you can’t find the file in Windows Explorer, you can use Windows Search to manually search for it.
- Open QuickBooks and try to send an email after the tool has repaired the MAPI32.dll file.
Method 5: QuickBooks Desktop and Outlook requires repair
There are times when QuickBooks Desktop and Outlook are both in need of repair. Follow these steps in order to correct it-
Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Shut down any programs that can affect QuickBooks and restart the desktop
- Backup your company file
- Click on Control Panel on your computer
- Open Programs and Features and then Uninstall any unnecessary programs
- Select QuickBooks and then Uninstall/Change from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next and then Continue.
- Press on repair and wait for the process to complete
- Click on Finish and then Restart your computer
Repair Outlook Desktop
If the “QuickBooks Outlook is not responding” error cannot be resolved by repairing QuickBooks Desktop, then download the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool and repair the Microsoft Outlook installation.
Hopefully, while reading this post, you would get educate about the multiple reasons causing these errors and the solid methods of immediately fixing QuickBooks outlook is not responding. We strongly recommend you to read this blog thoroughly till the end. Moreover our QuickBooks data repair team will always be there for your instant help. You need to contact at toll free number +1(800)-578-0315 to avail with.