There have been times when people encounter QuickBooks error 12029 which is a common 12000 series error that happens when your software is unable to establish any connection with the Intuit servers. In this blog, you will only get a better understanding on how to diagnose and find this problem but also on how to get it fixed.
So, if you keep getting a pop up that says “error 12029 quickbooks payroll update” read this blog for assistance.
What is Quickbooks error 12029?
Quickbooks error code 12029 is a technical issue that happens when there is a lack of internet connection. This can sometimes happen due to a firewall or a third-party application that refrains the program from establishing a connection with the servers of QB.
Symptoms of error 12029
There are different reasons why the error 12029 Quickbooks is occurring in your device, like:
- Quickbooks can unexpectedly shutdown while you are downloading or installing the updates of the payroll.
- When you start seeing the QB error 12029 pop up window on your screen, over and over again.
- When and if your Windows starts to get slow on your inputs.
External Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029
There are chances that your error is being shown due to some external cause so before you try fixing the problem, make sure you know the exact cause. And to be precise, external causes of Quickbooks error 12029 means that there is a reason out of the software. Maybe something is wrong with your connection or device.
- One of these causes is when you download the updates of the payroll.
- When your default browser is changed from Internet Explorer.
- If there is an incorrect SSL Settings in your device.
- If your device is experiencing an irregular internet connection.
- It can also happen if there is a firewall or an anti-virus obstructing a particular function.
Internal Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 12029
The second category that can cause the QuickBooks Update Error 12029 is the internal causes. Here we are going to list the probable problems in your software itself. The version of Quickbooks that you are currently using.
- When the software is unable to establish the internet connection.
- This can be due to the connection issues with QB other than the internet.
- If you are using an outdated Windows with an updated QB software.
- The problem can also be due to Quickbooks session timeout.
- In case there is a technical downtime or a server blockage due to any reason.
Ways to fix 12029 quickbooks error
After determining the causes of QuickBooks error 12029, it’s time to check the different ways of fixing it.
Solution 1: Test the settings and connectivity
To start with, ensure that Quickbooks is using Internet Explorer as its browser for establishing connection with the server. Follow the given steps.
- Close all the applications that are running on your device and open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Go to the “tools” tab and then press “ALT”
- After this, open the “Internet Options” to check the “Security Tab.”
- Check the “Global” symbol and then open the window of “Security Tab.”
- Ensure that the security level is set on “Medium-high.”
- Search for the “Connection” tab.
- Check the dial-up node and set it to “never dial a connection” and then click on the “OK” button. And proceed to the LAN settings.
- Tick the “Automatically Detect Settings” in the LAN settings.
- Check the “Proxy Server” settings and tick the box there as well.
- Go to the “Restore Advanced Setting” section and look for TLS 1.2 and press the OK button.
- Now, close the IE and reboot the system.
- Lastly, just download the TLS 1.2 utility and run it on your device.
Solution 2: Check for the intervention of firewall or any third-party application
- Start by downloading the “Quickbooks File Doctor Tool”
- Save and run the application
- The doctor tool will automatically configure everything in such a way that this problem will not persist.
- All you now need to do is check whether the QuickBooks error 12029 is there or not.
Solution 3: Install the Quickbooks certificate
This is how you can install or update the QB certificate to solve the Quickbooks error code 12029.
- Go to the Quickbooks icon and right click on it. Go to the “settings” and click on it.
- Click “Shortcuts” and open the file location. Next, hit the “Ok” button.
- Then you need to right click on the “Quickbooks.exe file” and open the “properties.”
- Under the “Digital Signature” tab, you will see the “Quickbooks Options.” Click on “details” in that window.
- Go to the “General Tab” and click on the “View Certificate” and then click on the “Install Certificate” option.
- Go to “Certificate import wizard” and ensure that the current user is set as “Store Location” and then hit the “Next” button and then click on “Finish” button.
- Lastly, click on the “Ok” tab and end the process.
Solution 4: Diagnose the connectivity of your internet
There are times when error 12029 Quickbooks payroll update is popped up on your screen due to the lack of stable internet connection. And if that’s the case, here is what should be done.
- Open IE and search “www.google.com” on the search bar. If it opens up quickly without any problem, you should then only move forward.
- Go to the settings and look for any misconfigurations in the connection.
- From there, check that the date and time on the device are correct.
- Click on “Tools” on the IE top bar followed by clicking on “Internet Options.”
- Click on the “Restore or Reset defaults” button which is given under Advanced Tab.
- After this, click on “Apply” first and then the “Ok” button.
Solution 5: Try re-configuring Quickbooks Payroll to fix the error
- Unplug the internet connection and switch it off for about 10 seconds and then reconnect it. Also, check the internet latency at this moment.
- Open the QB company file.
- Press “Ctrl + K” and then the “Edit” option on the screen and uncheck the box of payroll setup.
- As soon as the process ends, automatic updation will start and the error 12029 quickbooks payroll update will be fixed.
- If required, you should configure the SSL settings as well.
List of Quickbooks connection error
There are similar connection errors that you might get on your screen. Here are the notations that can come up on your screen.
- QuickBooks Error Code 12001
- QuickBooks Error Code 12006
- QuickBooks Error Code 12007
- QuickBooks Error Code 12008
- QuickBooks Error Code 12164
- QuickBooks Error Code 12052
- QuickBooks Error Code 12057
- QuickBooks Error Code 12152
- QuickBooks Error Code 12157
- QuickBooks Error Code 12165
- QuickBooks Error Code 12166
- QuickBooks Error Code 12173
If QuickBooks error 12029 still persists, you can bank on our experts. They will assist you with all the steps after diagnosing the actual problem and help you with fixing it quickly and smoothly.